ELECT ASHLEIGH INGLE FOR DIVISION 3 REP ON THE TUTORIAL WG
- CUPE 3902 Physics Steward, 2010-present.
- CUPE 3902 Division 3 Mobilization and Communication Steward.
- member of CUPE 3902 policy committee
- CUPE 3902 Division 3 Representative on the Unit-1 bargaining team
- long-term working relationship with out-going and incoming UTSU and GSU executives
- long-term working relationship with undergraduate and graduate course unions through-out Division 3
- a transparent and public process that involves collaboration and open communication with all students of the University of Toronto
- safe and manageable lab sizes
- pedagogically sound tutorial sizes
- appropriate hours for preparation and student contact
In the past 8 years, I have gone through all levels of education at the University of Toronto: from an undergraduate degree, through my masters and in to a PhD. Throughout this time, I have been involved in campus organizing with the intent of leaving this university a better place than how I found it.
It is because of this that I have spent the last 2 years organizing for CUPE 3902. Through my time teaching in engineering and physics as both a lab demonstrator and teaching assistant, I have first-hand knowledge of the particular pressures affecting Division 3 stewards in laboratories but beyond that, I have done info sessions in at least 20 departments throughout all divisions and believe that the representatives on this working group need to listen to what we have been told by undergrads and grad students again and again: many tutorials are too large and TAs do not have enough time to mark, prepare or communicate with their students.
I will use my long-term working relationship with UTSU and GSU, as well as many undergraduate and graduate course unions, to make this working group a collaborative effort and create the substantive change in the quality of education at the University of Toronto that I have spent years fighting for.